来源 :中华考试网 2020-03-06中
1. This is what you should bear in mind: Don't _____ a salary increase before you actually get it.
2. The ship's generator broke down, and the pumps had to be operated _____ instead of mechanically.
3. The little girl was so frightened that she just wouldn't _____ her grip on my arm.
4. He never arrives on time and my _____ is that he feels the meetings are useless.
5. Mrs. Smith was so _____ about everything that no servants could please her.
6.Please keep an eye on my luggage, and I'll be back _____.
B.in no time
C.at one time
D.at a time
7.Lying in hospital, the patient _____ the outside world by watching news programs on TV every day.
A.kept in touch with
C.turned the clock back
8.We felt very sad when we heard the news that the _____ manager was killed in his office yesterday.
9. _____ the fog, we should have reached our destination.
B.In spite of
C.In case of
10.The children will have to _____ their play-time hours when school opens.
11.He did not _____ staying at home as he had to do his assignment.
12.A _____ of ships sailed into the harbour and moored at it.
13.Education is _____ for all school-age children in many a country.
14.If I take this medicine twice a day, it should _____ my cold.
15._____ the window, I saw a beautiful car in front of the building.
B. Looking at
C. Looking into
D. Looking after
16.Retirement is obviously a very complex _____ period;and the sooner you start planning for it, the better.
17.The customer _____ whether the articles exhibited in the shop were for sale.
18._____ popular belief that classical music is too complex, it achieves a simplicity that only a genius can create.
B. Contrary to
D. Similar to
19.There is no point _____ going by car if we can't park near the theatre.
20.He did go to the concert, but with much _____ because he didn't like pop music at all.