来源 :中华考试网 2019-08-10中
1. _______ should any money be given to a small child.
A. On no account B. From all accounts
C. Of no account D. By all accounts
2. _______ some mammals came to live in the sea is now known.
A. Which B. Since
C. Although D. How
3. ______ student with a little common sense should be able to answer the question.
A. Each B. Any
C. Either D. One
4. _______ such a good chance, he planned to learn more.
A. To be given B. Having been given
C. Having given D. Giving
5. _______ that my head had cleared, my brain was also beginning to work much better.
A. For B. Now
C. Since D. Despite
6. _______ that the trade between the two countries reached its highest point.
A. During the 1960's B. That it was in the 1960's
C. It was in the 1960's D. It was the 1960's
7. _______ that they may eventually reduce the amount of labor needed on construction sites by 90 percent.
A. So clever are the construction robots
B. So clever the construction robots are
C. Such construction robots are clever
D. Such clever construction robots are
8. _______ that you were out, I wouldn't have bothered to come all the way at that time of night.
A. If I should know B. If I know
C. Had I known D. Were I to know
9. _______ the advances of science, the discomforts of old age will no doubt always be with us.
A. As for B. Despite
C. Except D. Besides
10. _______ the claim about German economic might, it is somewhat surprising how relatively small the German economy actually is.
A. To give B. Given
C. Giving D. Having given
11. ______ the fact that he was in his seventies, the old man decided to swim across the channel.
A. At B. Since
C. Despite D. With
12. _______ the flood, the ship would have reached its destination on time.
A. In case of B. In spite of
C. Because of D. But for
13. _______ the library _______ the bookstore has the book I need. Will you tell me where I can get it?
A. Neither, nor B. Neither, or
C. Either, or D. Either, nor
14. _______ the sight of the police officers, the men ran off.
A. In B. At
C. On D. With
15. _______ the wall, we decided that we should need three tins of paint.
A. Making up B. Doing up
C. Putting up D. Sizing up.