雅思考试听力练习第四期
来源 :中华考试网 2016-09-19
中第二部分 中英对照
现在我给你们介绍一下农场的布局。
Now let me give you some idea of the layout of the farm.
你们刚才买票的那栋楼是New Barn,就在你们右边;
The building where you bought your tickets is the New Barn, immediately to your right,
现在我们在去农场的主道的入口处,还有,当然啦,停车场在你们左边。
and we're now at the beginning of the main path to the farmland — and of course the car park is on your left.
你们在停车场看见的那个放在主干道旁边角落里的稻草人,
The scarecrow you can see in the car park in the corner beside the main path,
是个防止鸟儿靠近庄稼的传统特色,不过我们的稻草人是个固定的雕塑。
is a traditional figure for keeping the birds away from crops, but our scarecrow is a permanent sculpture.
它比真人还要高,所以你们从很远的地方就能看见它。
It's taller than a human being, so you can see it from quite a distance.
往前看的话会看到一个迷宫。
If you look ahead of you you'll see a maze.
就在New Barn对面,那里右边的分岔路旁边。
It's opposite the New Barn beside the side path that branches off to the right just over there.
围着这个迷宫的树篱比较高,小孩子是没法儿通过篱笆从上往下看的,
The maze is made out of hedges which are too tall for young children to see over them,
不过它实际上只是个小迷宫,在里面不会走丢的。
but it's quite small, so you can't get lost in it!
你们能看见主干道远处那个鱼塘上面的桥吗?
Now can you see the bridge crossing the fish pool further up the main path?
如果你们想去餐厅的话,就朝着那座桥走,在桥前面右转。
If you want to go to the cafe go towards the bridge and turn right just before it.
沿着分岔路一直走,餐厅就在你们看到的第一个拐弯的地方。
Walk along the side path and the cafe's on the first bend you come to.
那栋建筑原本是个校舍,现在已经屹立在那儿一百多年了。
The building was originally the schoolhouse, and it's well over a hundred years old.
你们也许知道,我们这儿还开了个技能学习班,
As you may know, we run skills workshops here,
在这里可以学到像木工和编篮子这样的传统手工技能。
where you can learn traditional crafts like woodwork and basket-making.
你们可以去Black Barn看看样品,找相关人员聊聊这些课程。
You can see examples of the work, and talk to someone about the courses, in the Black Barn.
从New Barn右边的这条岔路一直走,在第一个拐弯的地方就能找到Black Barn。
If you take the side path to the right here just by the New Barn you'll come to the Black Barn just where the path first bends.
现在我要跟你们说一下野餐的事情,因为我看见你们有些人已经带了午餐过来。
Now I mustn't forget to tell you about picnicking, as I can see some of you have brought your lunch with you.
你们可以在田里野餐,不过记得吃完要收拾干净。
You can picnic in the field, though do clear up behind you, of course.
或者,如果你们不喜欢露天用餐的话,可以去农场院子附近,
Or if you'd prefer a covered picnic area there's one near the farm yard:
过了桥就能看见右边有个带屋顶的野餐场所。
just after you cross the bridge there's a covered picnics spot on the right.
最后要提的一个地方就是Fiddy House,
And the last thing to mention is Fiddy House itself.
你们可以从这里过桥,然后沿着步行小径一直走,穿过田野之后,走到农场院子左边。
From here you can cross the bridge then walk along the foot path through the field to the left of the farm yard.
这么走就能到达Fiddy House,而且一路上的风景也很漂亮。
That goes to the house, and it'll give you a lovely view of it.
这座房子绝对适合拍几张照片,不过由于这是私人住宅,你们不能进去参观。
It's certainly worth a few photographs, but as it's a private home, I'm afraid you can't go inside.
好了,如果你们都准备好了,那我们就出发去参观农场吧。
Right. Well, if you're all ready, we'll set off on our tour of the farm.