来源 :中华考试网 2019-08-10中
1. ______ we need to complete the construction is two million dollars.
A. All what B. That all
C. That D. What
2. ______ all our kindness to help her, Sara refused to listen.
A. At B. In
C. For D. On
3. _______ all the difficulties, she finished the project by herself.
A. As for B. In spite
C. Besides D. Despite
4. _______ as it was at such a time, his work attracted much attention.
A. Being published B. Published
C. Publishing D. To be published
5. _______ before we depart the day after tomorrow, we should have a wonderful dinner party.
A. Had they arrived B. Would they arrive
C. Were they arriving D. Were they to arrive
6. ______ book is interesting to her although reading is her hobby. She likes reading literature, not politics or economics.
A. None of B. No
C. Not every D. All
7. _______classic music, which follows formal European tradition, jazz is a spontaneous and free form.
A. In contrast to B. In connection with
C. In comparison with D. In regard to
8. _______ conflict among city-states caused the eventual decline of Greek civilization.
A. Continuous B. Continual
C. Constant D. Contrary
9. _______ conventional black ink costs newspaper about thirty cents, most rub-resistant inks add at least ten cents more to the bill.
A. While B. Furthermore
C. Meanwhile D. Moreover
10. _______ for this suggestion.
A. There is something to be said B. There has something to be said
C. It is something to be said D. It has something to be said
11. _______ for your help, we'd never have been able to get over the difficulties.
A. Had it not B. If it were not
C. Had it not been D. It we had not been
12. ______ he's already heard the news.
A. Chances are B. Chance is
C. Opportunities are D. Opportunity is
13. _______ his knowledge and academic background, he is basically stupid.
A. But for B. According to
C. For all D. Thanks to
14. _______ his return from Japan, Prof. Li went directly to his laboratory and started working with his colleagues.
A. Upon B. At
C. Within D. Over
15. _______ I am concerned, some other arrangement would have been better.
A. So far B. As for
C. As far as D. So far from