翻译资格考试

导航

2021三级口译英汉互译练习:热血、辛劳、眼泪和汗水

来源 :中华考试网 2020-12-03

Blood, Toil, Sweat and Tears

热血、辛劳、眼泪和汗水

  In this crisis I think I may be pardoned if I do not address the House at any length today, and I hope that any of my friends and colleagues or former colleagues who are affected by the political reconstruction will make all allowances for any lack of ceremony with which it has been necessary to act.

  在这生死存亡之际, 如果我今天没有向下院作长篇演讲,我希望能够得到你们的宽恕,我还希望, 因为这次政府改组而受到影响的任何朋友和同事,或者以前的同事, 会对礼节上的不周之处予以充分谅解,这种礼节上的欠缺,到目前为止是在所难免的。

  I say to the House as I said to Ministers who have joined this government, I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, sweat and tears.

  正如我曾对参加本届政府的成员所说的那样,我要对下院说:"我没什么可以奉献,有的,只是热血、辛劳、眼泪和汗水。

  We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind.

  摆在我们面前的,是一场极为痛苦的严峻的考验。

  We have before us many, many months of struggle and suffering.

  在我们面前,有许多许多漫长的斗争和苦难的岁月。

  You ask, what is our policy?

  你们问:我们的政策是什么?

  I say it is to wage war by land, sea and air.

  我要说,在海上、陆地和空中进行战争。

  War with all our might and with all the strength God has given up, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime.

  我们的政策就是用我们全部能力,用上帝所给予我们的全部力量,同一个在人类黑暗悲惨的罪恶史上所从未有过的穷凶极恶的暴政进行战争。

  That is our policy.

  这就是我们的政策。

  You ask, what is our aim?

  你们问:我们的目标是什么?

  I can answer in one word.

  我可以用一个词来回答:

  It is victory.

  那就是胜利。

  Victory at all costs;victory in spite of all terrors;victory, however long and hand the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

  不惜一切代价,去赢得胜利;无论多么可怕,也要赢得胜利,无论道路多么遥远和艰难,也要赢得胜利,因为没有胜利,就不能生存。

  Let that be realized.

  大家必须认识到这一点。

  No survival for the British Empire, no survival for all that the British Empire has stood for, no survival for the urge, the impulse of the ages, that mankind shall move forward toward his goal.

  没有胜利就不复有大英帝国,没有胜利就不复有大英帝国所象征的一切,没有胜利就不复有多少世纪以来的强烈要求和冲动:人类应当向自己的目标迈进。

  I take up my task in buoyancy and hope.

  但是当我挑起这个担子的时候,我是心情愉快、满怀希望的。

  I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men.

  我深信,人们不会听任我们的事业遭受失败。

  I feel entitled at this juncture, at this time, to claim the aid of all and to say, "Come then, let us go

  forward together with our united strength."

  此时此刻,我觉得我有权利要求大家的支持,我要说:"来吧,让我们同心协力,一道前进。

  点击查看讲义辅导资料及网校课程

  口译:翻译资格考试三级口译模拟题

  笔译:翻译资格考试三级笔译模拟题

  翻译资格资料来源中华考试网校老师主讲教材精讲班课程,完整讲义下载进入个人中心>>

    下载焚题库APP——翻译资格考试——题库——做题,包括章节练习、每日一练、模拟试卷、历年真题、易错题等,可随时随地刷题。【在线做题】>>】【下载APP掌上刷题

分享到

您可能感兴趣的文章