翻译资格考试

导航

2022年翻译资格考试三级笔译英译汉基础试题(十五)

来源 :华课网校 2022-08-08

My dad passed away yesterday

我父亲昨天去世了

and I am processing everything.

我正在料理后事

His illness was really terrible for a long time

他一直病得很重,时间拖了很久

so even though we knew it was coming, I'm still in shock.

所以,虽然我们明白这一天总会到来,我还是感到震惊

It's hard to try and find positivity in my pain,

此刻我感到无比痛苦,很难找到积极的想法

but my Dad taught me so much when he was healthy, and when he wasn't.

不过,父亲健在时曾教过我很多东西,病倒后亦是如此

I wanted to share some of the lessons,

我想分享一些父亲教过我的东西

because he deserves to remembered for what he taught me, in sickness & in health.

因为他值得被人们记住,为他所教我的那些道理,无论是他健康还是患病的时候

Humans have SO much strength .

人类是如此强大

Really, we can handle more than we ever thought possible.

真的,我们能应付的事情远远超乎我们自己的想象

It's okay to cry your eyes out.

放声哭吧,没事

It's okay to not understand the reason for everything.

如果有些事让你感到不能理解,没有关系

This is a biggie for me because I'm a seaker for meanings but right now, I just feel sad and that's okay.

对我来说这是一个难题,因为我总在寻求生活的意义,我感到沮丧,但没有关系

Be on my phone less.

少花些时间玩手机

This one seems weird——

你可能觉得这有些奇怪

but in his final moments I was all in,

可是在父亲弥留之际,我所有的注意力都在他身上

no checking my phone because it really didn't matter.

我不再看手机,因为手机已经不重要了

All that mattered was him.

重要的只有父亲

This was a moment I needed to remember

这一刻值得我铭记

and I would've regretted it if I was distracted in this part of his journey.

如果在他生命的最后一程,我还不能专心陪伴他,我一定会懊悔不已

Surround yourself with a support system.

在你的周围建筑一个支持系统

Sometimes we need people to lean on.

有时候我们需要有人可以依靠

Ask for help when you need it.

在你需要的时候可以寻求帮助

My mom and dad needed a lot of help.

我的父母曾经需要很多帮助

I needed a lot of help.

我也需要很多帮助

We were surrounded by people willing to help us

我们都被愿意帮助我们的人包围着

and instead of shutting them out like we've done in the past,

过去我们常常紧闭心扉,将这些人排斥在外

we let them in and it was exactly what we needed.

与之相反,现在我们要对这些人敞开怀抱,这正是我们所需要的

Not everyone will understand your experience and that's okay.

不是所有人都能明白你经历了什么,但没关系

This was a long and hard journey for my mom and I

对于母亲和我来说,向父亲告别,是一个漫长而痛苦的旅程

and all of those who care about us and my Dad.

对那些关心我们,关心父亲的所有人亦是如此

Just knowing people are here for us means a lot,

有人陪伴着我们,知道这一点对于我们来说意义重大

but I also know that no one will fully understand my experience

但我知道,没有人能与我完全感同身受

and that's okay as we are all different.

但这没关心,我们每个人都是不同的

Family is not necessarily the people who brought you into this world.

所谓亲人,并不一定是那些把你带到这个世界上来的人

I am adopted and I know we chose each other.

我是被领养的,我知道,父母选择了我,而我也选择了他们

And he loved me more than anyone on this Earth.

我们对彼此的爱超过了对地球上任何一个人

There's nothing more important than being with the ones you love.

没什么比跟你所爱的人在一起更重要

I was struggling deciding whether to come down to the city or not.

曾经我万分犹豫,不知道自己是否应该来这个小城定居

My mom told me it was my choice,

母亲告诉我,选择权在我自己身上

and then i realized there's no where else I'm supposed to be.

这时我才意识到,我注定呆在这里,而不是任何其他的地方

I was able to hold my Dad when he took his last breath,

正因此,我才得以在父亲呼吸最后一口空气的时候,紧紧抓住他的手

and although it was the hardest thing I've ever done so far,

虽然这是我有生以来做过的最艰难的事

I am FOREVER grateful I was there for him at this time.

但我永远心怀感恩,此刻我能在这里陪伴他

My job has its biggest fundraiser of the year tomorrow and I don't care,

明天公司将迎来本年度最大的投资商,而我却已毫不在意

jobs come and go,

工作没了可以再找

but this will be with me forever and always.

但与父亲在一起的回忆将永远,并且总是陪伴着我

I have no regrets.

我毫无遗憾

My mom and I made sure that my Dad knew he was loved through this journey.

与父亲告别的漫长旅途中,我和母亲都竭力让父亲明白,我们爱着他

We love him so much and know he loves us more than anything

我们如此爱他,而他对我们的爱也超过任何其他东西

and just knowing that gives me great peace .

想到这一点,我内心感到无比安宁

Love is the best thing we can ever do,

爱是我们所能付出的最好的礼物

and love is what truly matters.

爱是真正有价值的宝藏

Everything else is secondary .

其他任何东西都要退居其后。

题库: 翻译资格考试三级《笔译综合能力》考试题库   翻译资格考试三级《笔译实务》考试题

翻译资格资料来源华课网校校老师主讲教材精讲班课程,完整讲义下载进入个人中心>>


分享到

您可能感兴趣的文章