2022年catti三级笔译实务练习题(十二)
来源 :华课网校 2022-07-25
中OK, here's the deal.
事情是这样的。
I've just been run over by a car – been in an accident.
那时我刚刚被一辆车撞了——我出了车祸
I didn't get a good look, of course.
我却什么都没看清,这也合情合理。
It happened too quickly.
一切都发生的太快了。
A step off the sidewalk, a rush of wind, something blue and metallic coming at me, then…
刚刚踏出人行道,我就感到一阵强风,一个蓝色的,似乎是某种金属的东西朝我猛冲过来
a quick tour over the bonnet , briefly visiting the windshield, roof and every other hard surface en-route
接着街旁的一切从我眼前飞快的闪过,络绎不绝的烟囱罩、挡风玻璃、屋顶,还有其他各种东西都在飞快的流逝。
before returning to the tarmac for a hefty dose of pain.
最后我回到地面上,一阵剧痛传遍全身。
No, officer, the vehicle did not stop.
不,警官,那辆车没有停下来
Did I see the driver?
看到司机的脸了吗?
Yep, incredibly briefly as it turned out.
是的,真不可思议,虽然只是一晃眼。
(如果这时有一位交警走过来,我们之间可能会有如下的对话)Would I recognise him again?
能再认出司机吗?
Sure, if you could just plaster me across any similar windshield,
能,如果你让我再撞到类似的挡风玻璃上
just to, you know, jog the old memory cells
你懂得,这样就能激活旧的记忆细胞
I may be able to describe the bloated, shiny face, bulbous eyes
或许我能描述出那张浮肿的,油光满面的脸,那双凸出来的眼睛,
and pudgy little hands that oiled over his steering wheel.
还有那双胖乎乎的小手,抹得方向盘上油光光的
Except there's no cop, no concerned huddle of passers-by asking pointless questions
可是当时周围没有交警,也没有围观的人群絮絮地说着毫无意义的问题,
like "Is there a Doctor here?" Or "Where's his leg?" and, my personal favourite, "Are you OK?"
比如“这里有医生吗?”“他的腿去哪儿了?”还有我个人最喜欢的问题,“你还好吗?”
Well, if pity and an energising drink weren't going to help me, I had better start trying to help myself.
好吧,如果怜悯和功能饮料帮不了我,我最好开始尝试帮助我自己。
My core being was feeling a tad fragile at the moment but I made a mental note to ask it to start working properly again.
此刻我感到自己元神亏损,我暗自请求自己的身体重新运作起来
What I really needed just now was something useful,
现在我需要一些实用的东西a medic for preference, a warm, dry blanket and some kind of opioid-based medication.
——最好能有一个医生,或者一条温暖干燥的毛毯,一剂含有镇痛成分的药品
But it was the very early hours of the morning
可现在才一大清早
and there was no-one around,
人迹绝无
at least not here on the edge of No-town
在这无名之镇的边界上
I was gonna die.
我要死了!
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
事后聪明真是一种美妙的东西
Just a few short hours ago I had left Mrs Chamber's house and the smouldering embers of her log fire.
就在几个小时前,我才从Chambers夫人家离开,从她家火炉里冒出的浓烟中捡回一条命
If I hadn't taken that short-cut,
如果我没有走那条捷径
or I had left earlier or left later,
又或者我曾早点或晚点出发
I wouldn't have met this very car at this particular time
我就不会在这个时刻撞上这辆车
and in this unpromising place.
在这个令人绝望的地方
And here I was.
事已至此,我躺在这里
Still.
事后反省并没有什么作用
Getting colder and dying by centimetres.
我感到越来越冷
The can of fizzy drink, my silent companion, gleamed dully
恍惚间我看到一个汽水罐子,如同一个沉默的小伙伴,暗暗闪着光
I frowned stupidly at the can, then realised what it was: an approaching vehicle .
我皱眉看着这个傻里傻气的罐子,转而意识到,它其实是一辆靠近的车辆
I thankfully passed out
感谢老天,我晕了过去
I came to briefly and looked up at a small ring of faces.
意识偶然恢复的时候,我看到几张脸环绕着我
My rescuer was one of the boys from the park and his friends.
“伙计,你还好吗?”说话的是个小男孩,他和他的朋友们都在场。
Well, I recovered eventually.
好吧,最终我痊愈了。
For a time, I was a local celebrity, my young friend a hero.
一时之间,我成了当地名人,救我的小友人成了英雄
I can't say I 'saved' the town because,
我不敢妄称自己“拯救”了这个小镇
quite honestly, nothing short of a direct hit by a meteorite could have done that.
坦白的说,我可不是什么从天而降的陨石里诞生的超人
But some small things changed.
可是我还是带来了一些微小的变化
There was a new purpose and energy to the place.
这个荒凉的地方获得了新的关注,生出了新的活力,
The road upon which I had nearly died was given a makeover of lighting and a safe place to cross.
那条差点要了我的命的公路装上了新路灯,焕然一新,还多了一条新的安全的斑马线
焚题库: 翻译资格考试三级《笔译综合能力》考试题库 翻译资格考试三级《笔译实务》考试题库
资料来源华课网校校老师主讲教材精讲班课程,完整讲义下载进入个人中心>>
下载焚题库APP——翻译资格考试——题库——做题,包括章节练习、每日一练、模拟试卷、历年真题、易错题等,可随时随地刷题。【在线做题】>>】【下载APP掌上刷题】