翻译资格考试

导航

2022年翻译资格三级笔译英译汉练习(十一)

来源 :中华考试网 2022-01-17

  Freedom Choice and Responsibility

  自由 选择 责任

  I love choices.

  我爱选择。

  I love to walk around in bookstores-not because I can buy all the books,

  我喜欢在书店里徜徉,不是因为我能买下所有的书,

  but because I could buy one book, and I have so many to choose from.

  而是因为我可以买一本书,我有这么多的选择。

扫描下方二维码,进入“每日一练”免费在线测试

  I like buffets.

  我还喜欢自助餐。

  I rarely get to go to them, but when I do,

  虽然我很少去,但是当我去的时候,

  the first thing I do is to walk around and see what the choices are.

  我做的第一件事就是四处逛逛,看看有什么选择。

  I also like the Internet.

  我还喜欢互联网。

  It seems like cyberspace really doesn't have any limits.

  看来网络真的没有任何限制。

  There are so many things to discover--- like space.

  有这么多的东西等待被发现——比如空间。

  Sometimes, I think we don't appreciate the freedom that we have.

  有时候,我觉得我们不喜欢我们拥有的自由。

  We are free to make many different choices.

  我们可以自由地做出许多不同的选择。

  From the food we eat--- to the places we visit--- to the people we meet--- to the classes we take and on and on and on.

  从我们所吃的食物到我们去的地方,我们见的人,我们所上的课程等等。

  But freedom has dangers. If misused, it can be harmful.

  但自由也有危险。如果滥用,将会带来危害。

  I could pile a mountain of food on my plate and NOT to eat it.

  我可以将山一样的食物堆在我的盘子里,而我则不去吃它。

  It would be a waste. But that's a choice I have.

  它会是一种浪费。但这是一个选择。

  The Internet has dangers, too.

  互联网也有危险。

  If parents are not careful and don't supervise what their kids can see--- well kids can lose some of their innocence because of freedom.

  如果父母对他们的孩子所看到的不留神也不监督,那么孩子们会因为自由而失去一些他们的天真单纯。

  There's a reason for legal age limits when it comes to driving, gambling, drinking,smoking, and voting.

  当涉及驾车、赌博、酗酒、吸烟、和投票时法律会有年龄的限制。

  Until we reach that age, we aren't free to do those things.

  直到我们到了那个年岁,否则我们去做那些事将不会被赋予自由。

 笔译:翻译资格考试三级笔译模拟题

  口译:翻译资格考试三级口译模拟题

  翻译资格资料来源中华考试网校老师主讲教材精讲班课程,完整讲义下载进入个人中心>>


分享到

您可能感兴趣的文章