2017年BEC中级口语练习:公司运营不佳
来源 :中华考试网 2017-11-08
中Ⅰ.核心学习:公司发生了糟糕的事
Billy: Howdy, how are you all doing?
比利:你好,你们都还好吗?
Michael: We are just fine. How about you and your company?
迈克尔:我们都很好。你和你的公司最近怎么样?
Billy: As well as can be expected.
比利:预见之中。
Michael: What happened?
迈克尔:发生什么事了?
Billy: Can't you guess?
比利:你不能猜猜吗?
Michael: Did your company go bankrupt?
迈克尔:你的公司破产了吗?
Billy: You hit the nail on the head. We went bankrupt.
比利:你说的一点没错。我们的公司关门大吉了。
Michael: I am sorry to hear that.
迈克尔:很难过听到这个消息。
Billy: Not as sorry as we are.
比利:没有我们那么难过。
Michael: Is there anything I can do for you?
迈克尔:我可以帮你什么忙吗?
Billy: Now we are all in debt and unemployed. Can you lend us some money and help us find new jobs?
比利:现在我们都欠债累累而且失业在家了。你能借给我们一些钱并帮我们找到工作吗?
Michael: I will do my best. I will try.
迈克尔:我会尽力而为。我会努力帮你们的。
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) A dime a dozen : common, easy to find
普通的,容易找到的
ex:Low-paying jobs are a dime a dozen.
要想找到一份低工资的工作是轻而易举的事情。
2) Bankrupt : to lose all of your money, be broke
破产
ex:Ned's company is in bad shape. They are almost bankrupt.
耐德的公司经营状况很糟糕,他们几乎要面临破产的边缘。
3) Debt : to owe money,
债务,欠债
ex:My company is already in debt for one million dollars. I will do my best to pay you back.
我的公司已经欠了1百万美元,我会尽我最大的努力偿还你的钱。
4)Surplus : extra; too much
盈余,剩余
ex:Our store has a surplus of product.
我们的商店还有大量的产品积压。
5) You hit the nail on the head : yes, exactly
正确无误
ex:Yes, you are right, you hit the nail on the head.
是的,你对了,完全正确。