商务英语

导航

2017年BEC商务英语热词:申请补偿

来源 :中华考试网 2017-11-07

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Claiming Compensation 申请补偿

  Michael: The Human Resources officer was looking for you this morning.

  迈克尔:今天早上人力资源部的官员在找你。

  Billy: Thanks, Michael. I just saw her in her office.

  比利:谢谢,迈克尔。我刚去了她的办公室。

  Michael: What did she want? Are you getting a raise or the sack?

  迈克尔:她想要干什么?提拔你还是解雇你?

  Billy: Neither! She wanted me to sign some worker's compensation forms.

  比利:都不是!她要我在一些工伤补偿表上签字。

  Michael: What is worker's compensation?

  迈克尔:什么是工伤补偿?

  Billy: Well, if you are injured during work time, the company will pay all of your medical costs.

  比利:大多数公司(给工人)上工伤补偿险,以此来保护雇员。

  Michael: Does the company actually pay or do they have some sort of insurance?

  迈克尔:公司确实支付吗,还是他们有某种保险?

  Billy: Most companies have workers compensation insurance to protect their employees.

  比利:大多数公司(给工人)上工伤补偿险,以此来保护雇员。

  Michael: That sounds like a very sensible idea.

  迈克尔:听起来像是个很明智的主意。

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Worker's Compensation: special insurance that pay employees medical bills if they are injured at work

  工伤补偿:支付雇员工伤医疗费的特殊保险

  2) Injured: hurt, break or impair

  受伤的,受损坏的:受伤、破裂或者削弱

  ex:When I beat my friend at basketball, he said that he did not play well because he was injured - but I think it was because my skills are better than his.

  我打篮球打败了我的朋友,他说他打得不好是因为他受伤了-不过我觉得那是因为我打得比他好。

  3) Disabled: someone less physically or mentally able than the average

  伤残的:身体或者智力比普通人弱的人

  ex:Directly after the Olympic Games every four years are the Special Olympics for disabled people.

  继奥运会之后,每四年就为残疾人举办一次特奥会。

分享到

相关推荐