BEC高级

导航

2020年商务英语高级口试材料:国内差旅

来源 :中华考试网 2020-06-13

  Cost-saving tips from Seasoned Business Travellers

  如何节约差旅成本---- 来自阅历丰富的商旅前辈们的建议

  Costs can escalate in an unfamiliar environment because often the easiest option is to choose convenience over cost-effectiveness.

  深处陌生的环境时,差旅费用往往会直线上升,这是因为人们常常会选择便捷而不考虑成本。

  Experienced travelers discover cost-saving tips over the years.

  经过多年商旅生活的锤炼,阅历丰富的商务旅行者们发现了节约成本的诀窍所在。

  So here are some of the best tips from seasoned business travelers.

  且看他们如何为我们指点迷津。

  Accommodation

  住宿

  Accommodation is a major travel expense. Consider two main cost factors:

  住宿是主要的旅费花费项目。请考虑以下两个关键因素:

  Firstly, what grade do you really need? The difference between a five-star and a two star room may be small, but the price difference could be a multiple of ten.

  首先,弄清楚自己真正需要的是什么档次的酒店。五星级和二星级的酒店客房不会有多大差异,但价格却可能相差十倍。

  Secondly, always ask for a discount. All hotels publish a” rack rate” of their maximum room charges when occupancy is high.

  其次,千万别忘了索要折扣。所有酒店在入住高峰期都会向外公布客房的最高定价。

  These are negotiable- most hotels expect to reduce the price, especially late in the day, at quiet periods and for a business client who may spend heavily on the telephone and in the restaurant.

  这些是可以商议的---尤其是在傍晚时分,生意清淡期间,或者是面对某位可能在酒店消费大笔电话费和餐费的商务客户,大多数酒店会同意降价。

  In your negotiations, stress that you may become a regular client, and could recommend the hotel to colleagues and clients.

  在商议价格时,切记要强调你可能成为长住客人,还会把该酒店推荐给同事和自己的客户。

  At the Hotel

  入住酒店期间

  Hotel may offer a room discount, but hope to claw back profit from overpriced services.

  酒店也许会提供客房折扣,但往往希望从高价服务中找回利润。

  Take particular note of telephones.

  因此,特别要留心各种电话。

  The handset in your hotel room usually carries a crippling surcharge. The modem point may also be surcharged.

  使用房间里的无绳步话机通常要额外收取极高的费用,此外调制解调器的接口也有可能会额外收费。

  Your mobile phone may even be competitive with these, despite the network’s roaming fees.

  就连你的移动电话都可能比这些收费便宜,尽管网络漫游费用高昂。

  It can be cost effective to simply walk to the hotel foyer and use one of the call boxes at normal phone rates.

  要想节约成本,只需走到酒店大堂,使用收取正常话费的公用电话亭。

  Various international charge cards are worth considering.

  各类国际签帐卡值得考虑。

  While fiddly to set up and often limited in the countries covered, they are very well priced.

  尽管使用起来费时,而且往往仅限于几个国家,但价格却十分便宜。

  Food and Drink

  Room service is convenient, but is the most expensive way of eating a sandwich.

  客房服务尽管方便,但却是品尝一块三明治最昂贵的方式。

  Save the cost of several meals and buy a take-away at a local shop.

  在当地商店里买个外卖,可以省下几顿饭的费用。

  Similarly, hotel restaurants are handy but quality and price is not always competitive.

  同样,酒店餐厅虽然方便,但质量和价格却不见得有竞争力。

  A hotel’s apparently normal prices may in fact be ludicrous for the local economy.

  酒店里明码标出的争产价格与当地经济水平相比,实际上很可能是荒唐可笑的。

  In cities, small snack bars often thrive on spin-off trade from expensive hotels nearby.

  在城市中,地处昂贵酒店附近的小快餐店时常生意兴隆,获得丰厚的“周边贸易”利润。

  Pay attention to the cost of breakfast—this is when you are most vulnerable to extortionate price.

  留心早餐的费用—这时候人最容易受骗上当,成为高收费的欺诈对象。

  Transport

  交通工具

  Convenience can cause costs you would never consider at home—and you may not be getting a superior service.

  出差在外,追求方便可能会带来人们出门前根本意想不到的高额费用,而且不一定能得到优质服务。

  A chauffeured car will give you time to work, but a taxi would do the same at a fraction of the cost.

  虽然租用配有司机的专车能够保证你的工作时间,但出租车一样能达到这个目的,且费用只是前者的零头。

  A hire car may seem versatile until you pay to park it overnight.

  租车自驾看起来似乎灵活方便,用途广泛,待到要支付隔夜泊车费时,才知道蛮不是这么回事。

  Always consider the three cheapest ways of getting around: train, bus and walking. They may be the quickest too.

  总之,出行首先要考虑的最便宜得三种方式是:火车、汽车和步行。这三种方式有时也是最快捷的。

  PART ONE: INTERVIEW

  (1) Do you enjoy business travel?(Why?/Why not?)

  你喜欢出差吗?(为什么?)

  Yes. By travelling on business, I have a chance to go to different places and I enjoy that.

  (2) When travelling, do you think people should go to a small or large travel agency?(Why?Why not?)

  员工出差时,你认为应该找小旅行社还是大旅行社?(为什么?)

  I think they should go to a large one. If the agency is too small, it might not be able to give them the kind of services they need.

  (3) Do you think business travels are necessary for companies?(Why?/Why not?)

  你认为出差对公司有必要吗?(为什么?)

  Yes. They need to attend business conferences for information and insight, and to establish business ties with outside partners.

  (4) Do you think videoconferencing will replace business travel in the future?(Why?/Why not?)

  你认为将来电视会议是否会替代出差?(为什么?)

  I don’t think so. Videoconferencing usage will increase in the future, but it will never replace personal contact.

  中华考试网校课程培训:选择中华考试网让全体学友见证你的进展!新的商务英语网校培训课程紧贴新题型,助你直击四大专项24H在线答疑,商务英语轻易掌握!开课三日内不满意无条件退费!商务英语初中高级各项套餐学习班,针对考生量身打造!

  统一服务热线:4000-525-585

分享到

您可能感兴趣的文章