2018年BEC商务英语口语练习:和同事一起共进午餐
来源 :中华考试网 2018-01-27
中Ⅰ.核心学习:Lunch with Work Colleagues 和同事一起共进午餐
Michael: I feel famished - let's head to Mickey D's for some lunch.
迈克尔:我饿极了-我们去麦当劳吃午餐吧。
Billy: I'm starved too, but I don't really like McDonalds. How about a pizza instead?
比利:我也很饿,但是我不是很想吃麦当劳。吃比萨饼怎么样?
Michael: It depends on what type of pizza your order - if it has anchovies, I am not interested.
迈克尔:那要看你要点什么样的比萨饼-如果是凤尾鱼味的,我可不感兴趣。
Billy: I am not in the mood for pizza - how about Chinese food?
比利:我也不是很想吃比萨饼-中餐怎么样?
Michael: But we had Chinese food yesterday! What about Japanese?
迈克尔:但是我们昨天刚吃了中餐!日本菜怎么样?
Billy: Do you know a good Japanese restaurant close to the office?
比利:你知道公司周围有什么好的日本餐馆吗?
Michael: Not really but maybe we could check the Internet to see if we can find one.
迈克尔:不很清楚,但是我们可以在互联网上查一下,看能否找到一家。
Billy: Why is deciding where to eat lunch such a big deal?
比利:为什么决定去哪里吃午餐是这么费神的一件事?
Michael: Maybe we can find the answer in learning all about the culture of having lunch with work colleagues!
迈克尔:也许在我们了解了所有和同事共进午餐的文化以后就会找到答案!
Ⅱ.单词简析
1) Famished: very hungry, starved
极饿:非常饿,饿得要死。
ex:After an hour or two of basketball, I am so famished that I would eat anything.
打一、两个小时的篮球以后,我会非常饿,我会吃得下任何东西。
2) Mickey D's: slang for McDonalds
Mickey D's:麦当劳的俚语
ex:McDonalds, Mickey D's, the Big Arches are all names for the American fast-food restaurant.
麦当劳,Mickey D's,那两个大的拱形代表了美国快餐店。
3) Anchovies: small, salted fish that are great in pizzas
凤尾鱼:小的咸鱼,使用在比萨饼上味道很好
ex:Anchovies are one of those things that you either love or hate.
凤尾鱼是你既不爱又不恨的东西之一。
4) Loner: someone who prefers to be alone
独处的人:喜欢独自一人的人
ex:Loners are usually found in the kitchen at parties.
经常会在晚会的厨房里发现独处的人。
Ⅲ.课文篇
Experts say that, other than breakfast, lunch is the most important meal of the day! A good, healthy and satisfying lunch is absolutely vital to keep your energy and creativity at its peak during the afternoon.
专家们说,除了早饭,午饭是一天中最重要的一顿饭!一顿好的、健康而令人满足的午餐对于你下午的能量和创造力保持在顶峰是至关重要的。
Unless you are a complete loner, you will probably have lunch with one or more colleagues during the working week. Having lunch with the people you work with has many benefits including:
除非你是一个完全独处的人,你很可能会和一个或更多的同事在工作日一起共进午餐。和同你一起工作的人共进午餐有很多好处:
.Getting to know the people you work with in a social setting
.Building better relationships with your colleagues
.Having the opportunity to let off some steam about work
.Relaxing with your colleagues in the middle of a busy day
.在一个社交的环境中了解你的同事。
.和你的同事建立更好的关系
.有机会缓解一些工作的压力
.在繁忙的一天中间,和你的同事一起放松
Because lunch is such an important meal (although some people think that lunch is really only for wimps) you should choose the food you eat carefully. Try to stay away from fatty or greasy foods and go for foods with lighter flavors. That way you won't feel like sleeping after lunch.
因为午餐是这样一顿重要的饭(尽管一些人认为只有身体不强壮的人才需要午餐),你应该仔细选择你要吃的食物。尽量避开脂肪和油脂含量高的食物,而要吃味道较淡的食物。这样,你就不会在午饭后昏昏欲睡。
Some interesting things to try could be salads, sandwiches, fruit or, may favorite, noodles with vegetables!
你应该试这样一些令人感兴趣的食物,例如沙拉,三明治,水果或者是你喜欢的面条加蔬菜!
If your company allows you an hour for lunch make sure that you get back to the office on time. Lunch is important but being late never makes a good impression.
如果你的公司给你一个小时吃午饭,要确保按时回到办公室。午餐固然重要,但是迟到会给人留下不好的印象。