商务英语

导航

2018年BEC商务英语口语练习:与同事周末去玩

来源 :中华考试网 2018-01-27

  Ⅰ.核心学习:Weekend away with Colleagues 与同事周末去玩

  Steve: I am so tired of the city life.

  史蒂夫:我很厌倦城市生活。

  Mike: Do you mean all the long hours at work as well as the noise and bustle of the big smoke?

  迈克: 你是指工作时间很长以及嘈杂的声音和飞驰的浓烟?

  Steve: Got it in one my friend.

  史蒂夫:没错,我的朋友。

  Mike: How about we suggest that we all go away for a company outing to somewhere rural?

  迈克: 我们建议公司里所有的人去乡下某个地方玩玩,怎么样?

  Steve: That sounds like an interesting idea. Where could we go?

  史蒂夫:这想法听起来很有意思。我们可以去哪?

  Mike: Well we live in this huge city, so how about we go somewhere that is the complete opposite?

  迈克:嗯,我们住在大城市里,因此我们要去一个截然不同的地方,怎么样?

  Steve: Do you mean somewhere in the countryside?

  史蒂夫:你是指农村?

  Mike: Yep - let's find a small village and spend the weekend away.

  迈克:没错―我们去找一个小村子,然后在那里度周末。

  Steve: Cool! And it will be even better if we can convince the taskmaster to pay the bill!

  史蒂夫:酷!如果我们能说服头儿掏钱,那就更好了!

  Ⅱ.单词简析

  1) Bustle: moving quickly

  飞奔:快速移动

  ex:Sometimes the hustle and bustle of the city just gets me down, so I escape to somewhere slower and quieter.

  有时候城里熙熙攘攘的景象让我觉得很沮丧,所以我要逃到一个节奏慢点、安静点的地方。

  2) Outing: a trip away

  外出:旅行

  ex:One of the best ways to refresh yourself is to have an outing somewhere completely different.

  恢复精力最好的方法之一是到一个截然不同的地方旅行。

  3) Rural: the opposite of urban, the countryside

  乡间:城市的反面,农村

  ex:The majority of Chinese people live in rural areas and not in big cities.

  大多数的中国人生活在农村而不是大城市。

  4) Taskmaster: your boss, the person who tell you what to do

  头儿:你的老板

  ex:I can't go out for a beer tonight because my taskmaster wants me to finish an important report.

  今晚我不能去喝啤酒,因为我的上司想让我完成一份重要报告。

分享到

相关推荐