雅思考试听力练习第二期
来源 :中华考试网 2016-09-19
中第一部分 英中对照
Right. Now is there anything I need to know aboutwhat happens during the event?
好的。那么在活动进行期间,我还有什么要注意的事情吗?
Well, as you'll be aware, of course the building is nosmoking throughout.
嗯,你可能也会注意到,在整栋建筑里任何地方都不能吸烟。
Of course.
没问题。
Now, are you having a band?
你们会请乐队吗?
Yes.
是的。
Well, they'll have a lot of equipment,
他们会有很多乐器和设备的,
so rather than using the front door they should park their van round the back and use the stagedoor there.
所以,他们要把车停在后面,通过后台的门进来,而不是从前门进来。
You can open that from inside but don't forget to lock it at the end.
你可以从里面把后台的门打开,但是请别忘了结束之后把它锁上。
OK.
好的。
And talking of bands, I'm sure I don't need to tell you this,
说到乐队,我相信不用讲你也知道,
but you must make sure that no one fiddles about with the black box by the fire door
但我还是要强调一下。你们必须确保没人乱动防火门旁边的黑盒子,
that's a system that cuts in when the volume reaches a certain level. It's a legal requirement.
那是个当声音太大的时候会自动插入的系统。这是个法律要求,必须遵守。
Sure. Anyway, we want people to be able to talk to one another so we don't want anything tooloud.
应该的。反正我们也想让大家可以互相聊聊天,所以不会弄得太吵的。
Oh, that reminds me, we'll be having speeches-are there any microphones available?
这正好提醒了我,我们到时候会有演讲,你们这儿有话筒吗?
Yeah. Just let the caretaker know, he'll get those for you.
有的,你跟管理员说就好了,他会给你们的。
Right, now when the event is over we do ask that the premises are left in good condition.
还有,我们要求活动结束之后室内保持整洁。
So there's a locked cupboard and you'Il be informed of the code you need to open that.
所以,我们会告诉你打开锁着的橱柜需要的密码。
It's got all the cleaning equipment, brushes and detergent and so on.
柜子里有所有的清扫装备——刷子、清洁剂等等。
Right, so what do we need to do after everyone's gone?
好的,大家都走了之后我们要做什么?
Sweep the floors I suppose?
扫地?
Well actually they have to be washed not just swept.
事实上,你们不仅要扫地,还要把地拖干净。
Then you'll be provided with black plastic bags,
然后我们会给你们一些黑色塑料袋,
so all the rubbish must be collected up and left outside the door.
你们必须把所有的垃圾都装起来放到门外去。
Of course. We'll make sure everything's left tidy.
当然啦。我们会确保一切都干净整洁的。
Oh. and I forgot to ask.
对了,我刚才忘记问了。
I presume we can have decorations in the room?
我们可以在房间里做些装饰吧?
Yes, but you must take them down afterwards.
可以,但是结束之后必须把它们弄下来。
Sure.
没问题。
And the chairs and tables should be stacked up neatly at the back of the room.
还有,你们要把桌椅整齐地摆放在房间后面。
I'll make sure I've got a few people to help me.
我会叫几个人来帮我的。