雅思考试听力练习第一期
来源 :中华考试网 2016-09-19
中第一部分(英中对照)
Hello?
你好?
Oh, hello. I wanted to enquire about hiring a room inthe Village Hall, for the evening of September thefirst.
您好,我想问一下租用村务大厅的一间公共会议室的事宜,九月一日晚上要用。
Let me just see...Yes, we have both rooms availablethat evening.
我看看......那天晚上我们的两个会议室都可以用。
There's our Main Hall-that's got seating for 200 people. Or there's the Charlton Room...
一个是主厅,里面可容纳200个人。另一间是Charlton会议室......
Sorry?
不好意思,您说的是什么会议室?
The Charlton Room - C-H-A-R-l-T-0-N.That's got seating for up to one hundred.
Charlton会议室,名字拼写是 C-H-A-R-l-T-0-N。这间会议室最多可容纳100个人。
Well, we're organising a dinner to raise money for a charity, and we're hoping for at least 150 people,
我们要组织一个筹款的慈善晚宴,预期至少会有150个人出席,
so I think we'll go for the Main Hall.
所以我想我们还是定主厅吧。
How much would that cost?
租用主厅要花多少钱?
Let's see. You wanted it for the evening of September 1st?
看看哈,你想要九月一日晚上用是吧?
Yes, that's a Saturday.
对,是个星期六。
So from 6 p. m. to midnight that'd be 115 pounds-that's the weekend price, it's 75 pounds onweekdays.
从晚上6点到12点是115英镑,这是周末的价格,工作日租用的话只要75英镑。
That's all right.
可以。
And I have to tell you there's also a deposit of 250 pounds, which is returnable of course as longas there's no damage.
还有,你还要交个250英镑的押金,当然了,只要主厅没有出现什么破损,就会把押金退还给你的。
But we do insist that this is paid in cash, we don't take cards for that.
但是我们押金只收现金,不能刷卡。
You can pay the actual rent of the room however you like though cash, credit card, cheque...
实际租金随便怎么支付都可以,现金、刷卡、支票......都没问题。
Oh, well I suppose that's OK.So does the charge include use of tables and chairs and so on?
嗯,我觉得应该没问题。你们收取的租金里面包括了使用桌椅之类的费用吗?
Oh, yes.
包括了的。
And what about parking?
停车费呢?
Yeah that's all included.
都包含在内了。
The only thing that isn't included is that...you said you were organising a dinner?
唯一一个没有包括的是......你刚才说你们要筹备一个晚宴?
Yeah.
是的。
Well, you'll have to pay extra for the kitchen if you want to use that. It's 25 pounds.
那如果你们要使用厨房的话,还要额外支付25英镑。
It's got very good facilities — good quality cookers and fridges and so on.
厨房里的设备都很棒,有质量很好的厨具,还有冰箱等等。
OK, well I suppose that's all right.
好的,我想应该没关系。
We can cover the cost in our entry charges.
我们可以把这个费用分摊到入场费里。
Right. So I'll make a note of that.
好的,我把这个记下来。
Now there are just one or two things you need to think about before the event.
那么现在,在你们举行活动之前还有一两件事情需要考虑。
For example, you'll have to see about getting a licence if you're planning to have any musicduring the meal.
比如,如果你们打算在晚宴期间来点音乐的话,要着手申请一个许可证。
Oh, really?
真的吗?
It's quite straightforward, I'll give you the details later on.
那很简单的,我稍后把详细信息告诉你。
And about a week or ten days before your event you'll need to contact the caretaker, that's MrEvans,
另外,在活动开始前一个周或者十天左右,你需要跟管理员Mr. Evans联系,
to make the arrangements for entry- he'Il sort that out with you.
一起安排一下入场事宜。他会跟你一起搞定的。
And do I give him the payment as well?
我要付钱给他吗?
No, you do that directly with me.
不,你直接把钱给我。